Please join the Chesapeake Bay Chapter of Quail Forever in partnership with the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) for an Introduction to Upland Bird Hunting and Youth/Mentor Event. Plus, learn about Bobwhite Quail Conservation efforts in Maryland and Delaware.
Date: February 17th, 2024 from 10AM - 4PM
Where: Little Creek Hunter Education Center. 3018 Bayside Drive, Dover DE 19901
Who: Youth/Mentor Hunters, private landowners interested in wildlife habitat and conservation supporters. Hunt participants is limited to 8 youth MD or DE Hunters (Age 10-17), plus their adult hunter/mentor. Educational session, meet the QF biologist and lunch is open to all!
Hunt Participant Legal Requirements: MD & DE Youth ages 10-17 yrs. old must have completed a hunter safety class to participate in the hunt. Participant waivers must be signed by all hunters, mentors, and volunteers.
Adult mentors must be 18 + years old licensed hunters in DE or MD for the current season.
All people afield are required a minimum of 400 Sq inches of Hunter Safety Orange via hat or clothing.
1) Gun safety, clay shooting and sporting dog safety seminar.
2) Upland Bird Dog demonstration,
3) Quail habitat educational session
4) Guided youth hunt with pointing dog and dog handler (3 birds planted per youth hunter). Adult mentor must attend and walk afield with youth hunter. Two youth per guide/dog handler plus their adult mentors per hunting area. Ammunition provided*
5) Field bird-cleaning demonstration, youth hunters will clean their own birds.
6) Lunch, drinks
7) Q& A and the opportunity to meet one on one with your local Quail Forever Habitat Biologist, MD DNR and DNREC representatives, and local chapter volunteers.
* Guns can be provided by DNREC if your youth hunter does not have a gun. Mentors can be provided by QF volunteers with sufficient advance notice.
Upon completion of registration you will be contacted by event organizer for your lunch sandwich preference.
Please direct questions to Ed McWilliams, QF Chapter3275 Activities and Outreach Coordinator, M: 703-395-4936, or Kurt Bond at email@example.com