Weekend One - Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club
Day one (Saturday) will include group introductions, instruction on shooting fundamentals, safety, and actual shooting. There will also be a dog handling demonstration so participants can observe the thrill of hunting with a canine companion.
Day two (Sunday) will include more practice shooting, an introduction to gun cleaning, and good gear selection, followed by field dressing and processing game instruction. Participants will also have the opportunity to taste several wild gamebird preparations, opening their eyes to the culinary potential of wild game.
Saturday game farm shoot. Included with this weekend's class is a chance to shoot pheasants at Horse and Hunt on Saturday, September 30th, from 9- 1 pm. We pay for the birds. We provide the hunting loads. We put out three pheasants per student, and you will get to hunt over our dogs. Lunch is included at the end.
Weekend Two - Location to be determined:
The second weekend of the program will consist of a one-day hunt in Minnesota for wild pheasant, guided by program instructors. Additional instruction on habitat, cover types, game bird biology, and public access consideration will also be incorporated into the day.
Additional program goals include:
- Providing a safe, comfortable atmosphere where adults with no prior hunting experience can learn to hunt
- Provide an opportunity to meet other adult-onset hunters and experienced hunters who can be a resource beyond the program.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of the hunter's role in conservation and the importance of being a steward of the resource and habitat.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have completed the Minnesota Hunters Saftey Program before participation in this program - this program can be completed online: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/safety/firearms_isa/online.html
Sat. Sept 9th: 9:00 am to 5 pm
Sunday, Sept 10th: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Saturday September 30th: 9 am - 1 pm.
Saturday, Oct 21st: Participants Convene at a location TBD at 8:00 am; hunting starts at 9:00 am. Participants are encouraged to arrange their own lodging on Saturday night and hunt on Sunday!
I acknowledge that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19, or another communicable disease(s), by participating in a Pheasants Forever Inc. and/or Quail Forever event or activity, including as a spectator, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19, or another communicable disease(s), may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Pheasants Forever Inc. and/or Quail Forever employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, customers, and any others present on the premises of the event.