BIRD HUNTING OPPORTUNITY for YOUTH HUNTERS to learn or hone their upland bird hunting skills!
FREE of Charge for all participants who are ages 11+ through 20. All youth must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or designated Youth Group Leader. Younger siblings are welcome to attend however cannot participate in clay shooting/quail hunt if they are unable to handle a shotgun, and have not met the requirements below.
1. Safety training specific to common Quail hunting scenarios;
2. A field hunt with a guide and bird dog to experience first-hand how it’s done;
4. Demonstration on cleaning birds; and
5. Lunch for all attendees
Limited to 50 hunters – must be pre-registered to participate.
- Participants MUST have taken and passed Hunter’s Safety Class by ODWC or another state, and if over 16, must have an OK hunting license.
- Previous shotgunning experience is required.
- Attendees must provide their own transportation, blaze orange vest and/or hat, suitable shotgun, eye protection, and shotgun shells. (We do have some shotguns and extra gear if needed, so please reach out to us if you do not have a shotgun to use.)
For additional details or questions contact:
Dub Austin at 918-695-5303
***Note actual location is approximately 1/2 WEST of S 4240 Rd on E 640 RD****
SPECIAL THANKS to TULSA BIRD DOG ASSOCIATION FOR HOSTING!
ADDITIONAL INFO IN CASE YOU DON'T RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL:
The meeting location is approximately 1/2 mile west of S 4240 Rd on E 640 Rd, south of Inola, OK (hunting will take place in nearby fields). Best to use the GPS coordinates given in the location details. Please leave guns/ammo in vehicles until instructed to retrieve them once the field portion starts.
There will be check-in registration along with a short overview of safety and field protocols before heading out to the fields. There will also be a clay target thrower available for youth to practice/warm-up their shooting skills.
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME to watch these videos before attending this event - we want everyone to have fun, be safe and our bird dogs to be safe!
Gun Safety for Upland hunting Video Links:
We also need you to please download the 2 forms in the links below that will need to be filled out and brought with you for each participant and parent / guardian before the event.
Any questions on the forms, just let us know. If you do not have a printer, we will have some available to be filled out when checking in at registration.
IF you are not able to attend the event, PLEASE let us know so that your reserved spot can be given to someone else - to cancel a registration, please contact Dub Austin at 918-695-5303.
Thank you - we look forward to seeing you!!
Indian Territory & Tall Grass Heritage Chapters of Quail Forever