Women Learn to Pheasant Hunt Weekend Workshop
Join the Bird Bustin' Babes, passionate outdoor mentors, as they share their skills and knowledge in a hands-on, action-packed weekend learning about shooting and pheasant hunting.
- Friday, August 25
- Meet and greet instructors and participants - bring your questions and gear!
- Saturday, August 26
- Shotgun Basics: Shotgun types, how to find a gun that fits, ammunition selection and gun safety
- Clay target shooting
- Hunt Prep: How to dress, where to hunt
- In the Field: Pheasant habitat, how to hunt habitat and hunting over dogs
- Sunday, August 27
- Gun Cleaning
- Dogs & Dog Training
- More clay target shooting, including Annie Oakley and other games
- Date TBD
- Mentored group hunt at Dakota Hunting Farms in Hecla, SD
- The hunt will be held on a later date following the weekend workshop. Date will be determined during the weekend workshop based on participants' availability
Weekend workshop (August 25-27) will be hosted at the Lynn Lake Lodge (13551 427th Ave, Webster, SD 57274) in Webster, SD.
Game farm hunt (held at a later date, to be determined) will be hosted at the Dakota Hunting Farms (40687 110th St, Hecla, SD 57446) in Hecla, SD.
The cost is $300 and includes food (meals Friday evening through Sunday breakfast), two nights of bunkhouse lodging at Lynn Lake Lodge, all clays & ammunition, game farm hunt (held at a later date) and a year's membership to Pheasants Forever. Please note any food allergies at registration. Feel free to bring a personal shotgun. Shotguns will be available for participants. All ammunition provided. Firearm Safety certificate suggested.
Limit 14 Women. $150 is refundable upon cancellation prior to 10 days before the beginning of the event.
Email Sandy Austin (SandyBOW@gmail.com) or Tina Dokken (TinaDokken2@gmail.com) with any questions.
I acknowledge that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19, or another communicable disease(s), by participating in a Pheasants Forever Inc. and/or Quail Forever event or activity, including as a spectator, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19, or another communicable disease(s), may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Pheasants Forever Inc. and/or Quail Forever employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, customers, and any others present on the premises of the event.